[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Honda Spirior Si
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Motorweek's 0-60 and 1/4 mile
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Silly little European engines
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Why no 3 Stage VTEC?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic (all new 10th-generation)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Rendering: Fit Type-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Bad Paint on my 14' Accord
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT 2015 Mustang review
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: TLX Steel wheels ?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: S660
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Singapore Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: MotoGP: Honda to build customer V4 CRTs

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2012 14:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100315

Well, now we know there is no Casey and no Jorge available for next season. WHo knows who is going to be riding a factory Honda next season. Dani seems to be certain I guess. Valentino????? It is going to be interesting!
K25
Profile for K25
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2012 19:12
Not Rossi, he will be staying at Ducati most certainly. And Honda has said several times recently no chance for him in the factory team (but no problems on a satellite team).

It will be probably Marc Márquez. There's also the possibility that Honda will be back to 3 factory bikes. Now that's interesting...
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2012 19:39
Without Lorenzo or Stoner Honda will struggle. If they change the rules to allow Marquez onto a factory bike I still don't see him as a regular winner in his first season. Pedrosa has shown, in my opinion that he doesn't have what it takes to win a championship so who else is there to jump up and take it to Lorenzo and Yamaha?

Dovi, or Crutchlow?? None of the others have shown enough to pique Honda's interest. Hayden? Rossi? I'm struggling to find anyone who can move up and do the job except for Rossi? :(

Except for Spies. Where is he at, at the moment?? He seems to be totally off the pace, would him moving to Honda work out??
CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2012 00:36
well I hope Honda wins it this year, because for sure next year Lorenzo on the Yamaha will be unbeatable!! I cant see Marquez challenging next year straightaway. And Dani seems to be pretty stagnant in his form of winning 3 races a year.
I would love to see Rossi at Gresini with factory support....just to see how the old man goes on his last hurrah :) but your right, there really seems to be no one to challenge Lorenzo with Stoners departure.
As for Ben? no way, I think hes probably finished his factory Yamaha career. Honda wont want him...(maybe Ten Kate could take him?) Check out the article on MCN for the preview on Silverstone grand prix, it sounds like Ben has given up on the championship run and is resorting to just helping out Lorenzo for the title run.

You gotta hand it to Yamaha, they dont have such a big budget as Honda or even Ducati it seems, but boy oh boy do they make some sweet handling motogp bikes. This years M1 just looks like its on rails!
CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2012 00:42
from motorcyclenews.com . Preview for the Silverstone Motogp from Yamaha Factory Racing :

And Assen was the scene of his first MotoGP victory almost a year ago when he delivered a faultless start-to-finish success.

Spies told MCN: “The beginning of the season has been bad. In Barcelona the speed was there but I made a mistake. But the most important thing for me was I showed I had the speed and confidence with the bike.

"I’ve put myself in such a hole for the championship that it doesn’t really matter what I do from now because it is not going to look good at the end of the season.

"The most important thing is to be back up front with Yamaha and helping Jorge (Lorenzo) out. I’ve got a lot of confidence now and I’m going to Silverstone where I did get my first podium and I do like that track a lot.

"So hopefully a result there will be the spark we need and obviously I really like Assen, so it is important I do well.”

well well, how the mighty have fallen. Just goes to show being succesful at WSBK doesnt necesarily guarantee outright Motogp success
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2012 02:34
CafeDelMar90 wrote:

well well, how the mighty have fallen. Just goes to show being succesful at WSBK doesnt necesarily guarantee outright Motogp success

I thought Troy Bayliss had proved that point ages ago :)
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2012 03:03
I believe Honda will make a pragmatic decision about this. No one really expected Casey to retire. Honda will take the best available rider on a factory team. In the currect circumstances it seems to me that Rossi is best choice but maybe he isn't that good anymore. He ages and his motivation seems not to be there either - to do it at all cost. Dani Pedrosa needs more luck and more pace to challenge Lorenzo definitely but I believe he is going to stay at Honda factory team.
K25
Profile for K25
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2012 12:49
sadlerau wrote:
Without Lorenzo or Stoner Honda will struggle. If they change the rules to allow Marquez onto a factory bike I still don't see him as a regular winner in his first season. Pedrosa has shown, in my opinion that he doesn't have what it takes to win a championship so who else is there to jump up and take it to Lorenzo and Yamaha?

Dovi, or Crutchlow?? None of the others have shown enough to pique Honda's interest. Hayden? Rossi? I'm struggling to find anyone who can move up and do the job except for Rossi? :(

Except for Spies. Where is he at, at the moment?? He seems to be totally off the pace, would him moving to Honda work out??

I agree that Marquez won't challenge for the title in his first year in the class. Spies wouldn't be a good bet either as seen by his performances on the same bike as Lorenzo. He seems to have confidence problems. I would rather have Jonathan Rea than Spies despite not having the experience of motogp. He seems to have that winning mentality and confidence in him. I really believe he would be a revelation in motogp. The fact that he's currently 2nd in WSBK in the uncompetitive Fireblade and made ALL his teammates look like chumps on the same bike makes me think he's the real deal.

However, I'm more concerned about Honda improving the RC213V, at this point. The current bike has a lot of problems with chatter so if Honda develops a good bike for next year I'm sure Pedrosa can take it to Lorenzo and Yamaha. He will be Honda's best bet next year. He may not have the racecraft of Lorenzo but he sure has the speed. Remember what happened when the 212V finally came good? That's right... All he needs is Honda to produce a competitive bike and remain fit during the whole season. So it may not be a Lorenzo/Yamaha show next year, just yet.
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo turned down Honda offer    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2012 03:19
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100367

Well, at least Honda aproached him. Nothing can be done if someone doesn't want to join. Anyway Honda must show now they can produce a bike to beat. I believe if the machinery is a bit better Dani Pedrosa can beat anyone. By the end of the day even Nicky Hayden proved that he can beat mighty Rossi in 2006 being constant and having the best bike. Nothing against Nicky - I just think he is simply not in the mix of the best riders. I think is wasn't that close to Vale as Dani is to Jorge.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2012 11:07
Well, for 2013 Honda simply has to choose from the best possible options that will be on the market. HRC has restated that Rossi is not getting a Repsol ride so he's out. Lorenzo already rejected an offer. So who does that realistically leave?

Cal Crutchlow
Andrea Dovizioso
Ben Spies
Stefan Bradl
Alvaro Bautista

Of those 5, only Ben Spies has won a race in the dry. He is actually the only person to win a dry race outside of the aliens since 2006. He also came within a hair of winning a second race last season at Valencia. Depending on if Spies starts getting back on pace, he might be worth a gamble for a 1 year deal. From Honda's perspective he has some marketing upside for selling bikes in the US.

From the rest, Dovi finished 3rd in the championship last year, but I don't know if he has a 1 or 2 year deal with Tech3. I think it is the latter. Even then, Dovi did not show in his years at Repsol that he could beat Dani consistently or win races.

Crutchlow is an interesting candidate who has been going very well this year. If Dovi has a 2 year deal at Tech3, Crutchlow is essentially out of a ride because Bradley Smith (in Moto2 now, in 10th place) was guaranteed a ride at Tech3 for 2013. He might be worth a look for a 1 year deal. I'm sure that would make British fans insanely happy to see a Brit on a factory ride for the first time since Barry Sheene.

On down to Bradl and Bautista, I think Bradl has shown some promise but I don't get the feeling he could go out and win races at Repsol Honda. Same with Bautista (even though he is on pole this weekend).
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2012 12:45
None of those that we talked about here are any close to Dani Pedrosa in my opinion. But well I am not an expert to decide really.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: MotoGP: Lorenzo stays at Yamaha    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-16-2012 16:42
Honda Dream wrote:
None of those that we talked about here are any close to Dani Pedrosa in my opinion. But well I am not an expert to decide really.

Agreed. When it comes down to it, there is no one on the market that is better than Pedrosa at the moment, except for Rossi (maybe), and Honda is not gonna give him a Repsol Honda.
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
Re: MotoGP: Marquez coming to Repsol Honda    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2012 09:42
The latest development in the 2013 silly season is that Dorna is going to drop the rookie rule and allow Marc Marquez to sign directly with Repsol Honda. Who knows how this will officially get explained, but there are a couple of things at work here:

*Marquez's career ascent has been sponsored by Repsol, so if he went to either LCR Honda or Gresini Honda it would cause a sponsor conflict with those teams' current petroleum sponsors
*Dorna has a bunch of new technical regulations they want to push through. Perhaps Honda conceded on one or more of the technical restrictions in return for the relaxing of the rookie rule.
*Honda could've presumably set up a one bike team for Marquez, but supposedly having 5 bikes on the grid would run afoul of a 4-bike per factory rule. Personally I think that's a stupid rule but I suppose it's so they can leave more room on the grid for CRT bikes. Eh, still stupid.

One thing that's interesting is that it doesn't look like Marquez is gonna have a cake walk this season. I wonder how the rookie market will get shaken up if Pol Espargaro or Tom Luthi wins the title? As of right now I get the feeling that even if someone not name Marquez wins the title that he might stay in Moto2 for another season. Otherwise he might find himself looking at a CRT ride or satellite Ducati in Moto GP, which would be a waste.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: MotoGP: Marquez coming to Repsol Honda    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-19-2012 10:45
Looks like we're headed for a silly Silly Season :)
CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: MotoGP: Honda to build customer V4 CRTs    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-21-2012 05:29
Looks like Honda have changed their tune regarding CRTs, I was hoping that Honda would make a new RC60 for superbike duty but this is good too i suppose :

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2012/06/20/honda_building_production_racer_crt_vers.html

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0