[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic (all new 10th-generation)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TODAY IS MY LAST DAY IN MY 40'S.........
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: ONE HOUR STARTING NOW READ IF YOU WANT INPUT!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 Camry First Drives are up
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Rendering: Fit Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Honda Spirior Si
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Motorweek's 0-60 and 1/4 mile
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: TLX Steel wheels ?
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Bad Paint on my 14' Accord
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Singapore Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Why no 3 Stage VTEC?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Silly little European engines
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Videos > > Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 08:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQv7qnERfM&feature=related
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 08:12
HONDA AFVM wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQv7qnERfM&feature=related

Something seems very staged about that..................?????? And the sound that Odyssey made, crazy........
Steve
Profile for Steve
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 08:41
This is not real. It is computer generated or enhanced.
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 08:45
Almost doesn't look real..?

Sir............. it's from a game, sir :D
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 16:39
Chocs wrote:

It looks real enough............it fooled me to the point that something just looked slightly off.........but at first, I thought it was real till the last few minutes I saw a few flaws that could not be real in the STI's handling........and the Odyssey could not out handle the STI with AWD and as top heavy as it is over the low slung STI.......COOL AS HELL THO.........

I don't know if any of you have ever seen a chrome car in the flesh, but it is AMAZING.............
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 17:05
That was funny.

I love the sound of that Ody!
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 18:20
Its from this game, buy it and have fun.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 21:45
according2kev wrote:
I love the sound of that Ody!

I thought it sounded too fake. During the start it sounded exactly like one time when I had a bee in the car and it was trying to get out. lol
carzak
Profile for carzak
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 02:12
I cannot comprehend the failure of human intelligence that just took place.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 02:19
carzak wrote:
my guess it's driven by a combination of PS3 amazing graphics and a smart-phone screen
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 06:55
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Chocs wrote:

It looks real enough............it fooled me to the point that something just looked slightly off.........but at first, I thought it was real till the last few minutes I saw a few flaws that could not be real in the STI's handling........and the Odyssey could not out handle the STI with AWD and as top heavy as it is over the low slung STI.......COOL AS HELL THO.........

I don't know if any of you have ever seen a chrome car in the flesh, but it is AMAZING.............

Maybe because I've been playing games for... kind of ever... One glance and I see computer generated graphics, in a game. The weird lighting, the all too clean scenery, and the simplistic geometry kind of glaring.

Still, an honest mistake from a non gamer, I would believe it myself if I'm a non gamer... Heck, check this game out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMnrgZc-Uk&feature=related

02:03 is the best...

It's a video based on a pre-alpha code for "Project Cars", an upcoming racing sim across platforms. It's based on the PC build which supposedly has the highest definition graphics option.
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 08:10
Midi_Amp wrote:
HONDA AFVM wrote:
Chocs wrote:

Maybe because I've been playing games for... kind of ever... One glance and I see computer generated graphics, in a game. The weird lighting, the all too clean scenery, and the simplistic geometry kind of glaring.

Still, an honest mistake from a non gamer, I would believe it myself if I'm a non gamer... Heck, check this game out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMnrgZc-Uk&feature=related

02:03 is the best...

It's a video based on a pre-alpha code for "Project Cars", an upcoming racing sim across platforms. It's based on the PC build which supposedly has the highest definition graphics option.

NO DOUBT I am a non gamer, I really thought it was real, enhanced at best if someone would have told me that is what it was...........And I would have went to the grave thinking; WOW! That chrome Odyssey was cool as HELL!....LOL!
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 21:09
Posts like this AFVM really make me question your judgement on sneak peaks you have of future Honda products...I am finally seeing why you don't mind some general Honda/Acura design missteps...I think you actually have a hard time differentiating reality from make believe! LOL...
:-)
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 22:48
This is real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3DlMselZ9g&feature=related
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2012 00:28

Ha ha, that reminds me a colleague of mine.

24 years old, single, no girlfriend, get a permanent job after graduation and decides to buy his first ever car.... and the winner is A brand new JDM Odyssey !!!

Really, sometimes I feel like living in another planet, but yes, minivans are not just "a family/mom's thing" around here, they are really "cool"...

blackstripe77
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 08:25
Just took delivery of a brand new RB3 Absolute today! What a beauty. Will post about it when I snap some pics.

Also desperately need help with the Internavi lol
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 11:08
carzak wrote:

carzak..........

You have to understand, I never played a computer PS game in my life, I never saw anything like this before in my life and with todays HD cameras and 3D and digital stuff, who the hell knows how they can make things look. I have a 50 inch Plasma HD TV at my house and it's 4 years old.......my buddy has a 50 inch ultra thin TV LCD and his looks (real life film) just like that clip I posted. I was watching Star Wars the other day and it looked TOTALLY different on his TV then mine........His has this effect as if you are RIGHT THERE in the ship with Darth Vader..............and CP3O........Mine is nice, great quality, but it doesn't put you right there..........

SO, point is, I just thought it was a FILM thing, more then anything else and by my heading, I did notice that SOMETHING wasn't right.........I am not a gamer, maybe you are, so just because I can't get it the 1st time, doesn't warrant your comment........I have extraordinary knowledge in many other fields, just not computer graphics, games and spelling......LOL!............So give a brother a break, will ya!
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 21:12
blackstripe77 wrote:
Just took delivery of a brand new RB3 Absolute today! What a beauty. Will post about it when I snap some pics.

Pics please!
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 21:41
FiSH-Chan wrote:
blackstripe77 wrote:

Pics please!

+1
P54
Profile for P54
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-28-2012 21:51
Off topic, however real: 2013 Honda Civic

2013 Honda Civic Unveiled Global Auto News by SBARTSTV
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 01:23
blackstripe77 wrote:

I thought you meant one of these for a moment there.

It was funny considering the thread's context!
blackstripe77
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 09:49
Chocs wrote:
blackstripe77 wrote:

I LOLed, makes so much sense yet so little at the same time.
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 09:59
blackstripe77 wrote:
I LOLed, makes so much sense yet so little at the same time.

Hey, I googled "RB3" without the "Absolute" first :P
HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-29-2012 20:10
Chocs wrote:
blackstripe77 wrote:

See, that looks real to me.........
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: This almost doesn't look real???? Japanese Chrome Odyssey......on track with STI    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-26-2012 17:37
GT5 is nice looking, but with player control and so much movement, it isn't as believable as fully controlled CGI.

It all depends on the frame of reference you have within what you are seeing. These are all generated cars, but in a few cases, nothing tells your brain it is not metal and glass you are looking at.

http://vimeo.com/21692783

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxNdN7RR1yM&feature=related

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0