[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New footage of the NSX testing on the Nordschleife
More.......................
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
More.......................
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
More.......................
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
More.......................
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT COTY Contender: Honda Fit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: New Honda Grace Hybrid to be launched in Japan
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Brazil's HR-V unveiled with R18+CVT (likely same as NA)
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: ASCC based CLX with Acura Sport (Mystery Concept)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: New Civic Type R Promo
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura and GaplinAutoSport Sema 2014
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Official TLX I4 0 - 60 test
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Look what just arrived!
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: 2016 RLX MMC?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rolled's dream car
Join Discussion......
Accord CrossTour --> Re: its been a year...
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 SH-AWD vs Volvo S60 T6
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Future of sports cars
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Honda Grace (JDM City hybrid) website is up
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: R&T Article on the Current State of F1
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Fit (and Jazz) > > Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 09:12
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/type/h-rs/
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 10:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Just as I wrote it would over a month ago on TOV (link)

We also got a special "girls-edition", the Fit "She's", available in both L13 and IMA trims, as well as a top of the line Fit hybrid XH that inherits the paddle shifters of the top of the line Insight (the Fit hybrid was previously only available with the regular CVT).

Right now there is no more a "Fit hybrid", but a "Fit hybrid lineup" (link), and that's without even counting on the Fit Shuttle Hybrid.

This is just about the perfect moment to remember a JP Honda CM from a few months ago: "Honda HybridS".

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 10:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Today that rumor was confirmed officially by Honda.
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 12:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That actually makes more sense for North American market than the CR-Z. The Fit with 128ps (combined) & sport-tuned suspensions, etc. will do just fine for the sport version.

How's the battery on that? Lithium-ion or still the nickel–metal hydride?
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 16:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

i'd buy it right now if available
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 20:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Kinda makes the old RS look so obsolete and dated... :(
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-24-2012 23:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I hope these go global.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 00:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Plus the Euro civic should get this combination.
The 1.8 with the nice 6MT just isn't it.
RocketRon
Profile for RocketRon
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 01:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The Fit "She's", excellent creative marketing.

With the fit getting that powertrain, it probably means an upgrade is on the way for the CR-Z?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 04:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CVCC1974 wrote:
That actually makes more sense for North American market than the CR-Z. The Fit with 128ps (combined) & sport-tuned suspensions, etc. will do just fine for the sport version.

How's the battery on that? Lithium-ion or still the nickel–metal hydride?

It is the exactly same drivetrain as in the CR-Z (rated 124Hp combined and with NiMH batteries).
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 04:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
RocketRon wrote:
The Fit "She's", excellent creative marketing.

With the fit getting that powertrain, it probably means an upgrade is on the way for the CR-Z?

1) FYI this isn't the first "she's", Honda tends to add that trim to the lineup when there is less than a year to the next model change (be it MMC/FMC).
2) I don't think they'll touch the CR-Z drivetrain-wise until it's FMC. FYI Honda already introduced an Insight with the CR-Z drivetrain past December in Japan (but without the 6MT)
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 04:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Jeff wrote:
Today that rumor was confirmed officially by Honda.
Indeed, but does it mean I cannot link to a previous conversation where I announced it was coming?

Just in case, my post was not intended to be one of those "this has already been posted" ones. I was actually about to post the news when I saw you did, so just kept commenting on the thread with no rear thoughts.
tnkgrl
Profile for tnkgrl
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 05:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
O. M. G... Yes, want!!!!
mobis21
Profile for mobis21
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 07:14
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Kill the Insight, and bring the Fit Hybrid RS to the USA.
JIRZLEE
Profile for JIRZLEE
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 07:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
mobis21 wrote:
Kill the Insight, and bring the Fit Hybrid RS to the USA.


Yes
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 10:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
danielgr wrote:
2) I don't think they'll touch the CR-Z drivetrain-wise until it's FMC.
There were a lot of reports from France last month about a lithium ion battery coming for the CR-Z. I thought it would be posted on TOV or spread to other news sites, but it seems to have come and gone.

http://www.leblogauto.com/2012/04/le-honda-crz-passe-aux-batteries-li-ion.html
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 10:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
We'd sell more these in a week than we have CRZs since they came out. Priced right of course. probably wouldn't be.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 10:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Potenza wrote:
danielgr wrote:
2) I don't think they'll touch the CR-Z drivetrain-wise until it's FMC.
There were a lot of reports from France last month about a lithium ion battery coming for the CR-Z. I thought it would be posted on TOV or spread to other news sites, but it seems to have come and gone.

http://www.leblogauto.com/2012/04/le-honda-crz-passe-aux-batteries-li-ion.html

Thanks for sharing, I had not seen that before. Here is in short what they say for those that can't read French:
- The CR-Z will debut this fall an "optional" Li-pack (expected premiere in Paris AutoShow)
- They expect it to be either considerably lighter or more powerful than the current model, which will still keep selling as an entry-level CR-Z.

Personally, I remain pretty much skeptical on that story, doesn't really makes sense to me unless it comes with a new drivetrain (taking the effort to change the batteries on a drivetrain that's going to be replaced altogether in 2 years?), and Honda has already said that the Fit will debut Advanced IMA next year so …

I wouldn't give that rumour a credibility rating higher than 3/10. We will see, Paris is just around the corner !
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 11:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fit Hybrid RS... hmmm... might change my mind about changing my Jazz (Fit) VTEC to a car from another brand...

VERY unfortunately however, it reminded me of one particular conversation I had with one (ex) marketing manager from Honda:

Him : "What do you think of the new 2G Jazz"
Me : "Nice"
Me : "I also read in www.honda.co.jp about the Fit RS. Now that would a variant I would strongly recommend bringing in"
Him : "We already asked. It's for Japan only"

Sounds familiar ?
So.....
Fit Hybrid RS,
What are the chances things will change ?

Sorry to throw cold water on expectations :(
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 11:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WongKN wrote:
Fit Hybrid RS... hmmm... might change my mind about changing my Jazz (Fit) VTEC to a car from another brand...

VERY unfortunately however, it reminded me of one particular conversation I had with one (ex) marketing manager from Honda:

Him : "What do you think of the new 2G Jazz"
Me : "Nice"
Me : "I also read in www.honda.co.jp about the Fit RS. Now that would a variant I would strongly recommend bringing in"
Him : "We already asked. It's for Japan only"

Sounds familiar ?
So.....
Fit Hybrid RS,
What are the chances things will change ?

Sorry to throw cold water on expectations :(


I don't think you are throwing cold water, just saying things as they are. Honestly, I don't think anyone outside Japan should expect this car. This car is offered in Japan because Honda is selling about 10k Fit Hybrids per month recently, so they can easily make room for it. There is no other market in the world with such demand for hybrids, Honda knows it, and they are not going to bring more "niches of a niche".

Just remember, about 50% of Honda automobile sales (excluding mini-vehicles) in Japan right now are hybrids. That figure is less than 5% in the US or Europe, even less elsewhere. It's only natural for Honda to diversify the hybrid line-up here, not doing it abroad, and as much as one may want that car, it's not hard to understand it wouldn't make sense for them to export it. That doesn't mean a future version won't ever make it, but the Fit shouldn't have much more than a year of life before the next FMC anyway.

Myself I'll pass on this one, hope they keep the formula for the 3rd gen, at which time I may consider saying bye bye to my Z. I'm still impatient to see which model (RS or RSH) will sell better, hope Honda gives the data after the 1st month.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 12:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WongKN wrote:

What are the chances things will change ?



Big difference, the car is a hybrid, the RS is not, and since hybrids are tax exempted, I don't see how it wouldn't be worth it to bring it here and try to sell them alongside Japan-only which means people are really going to be buying one because it's gonna be so worth it. unless they know the government is going to lift the tax exemption Honda would be silly not to sell it, only big issue probably is it might seriously eat into CRZ sales.
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 12:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This car looks sharp:


They get the coolest specs over there. If Honda offered all of these versions and features and upgrades in the U.S., the Fit line could be its own "brand." It could be Honda's Scion or Mini. They once said they didn't need to create a sub-brand like Scion, because Honda was a popular name with the youth and that the company already offers the youthful products and custom accessories.

Really? Fit and Fit "Sport"? They could be doing so much more with this line. HFP springs (already available as Modulo), custom accessories, interior and exterior options, etc. Heck, they've produced like 10 different taillight styles in Japan for this 2nd Gen Fit. The U.S. has had one style, regardless of the version, unchanged for years. You can buy different taillights for your car right in the Scion dealership. Talk about quick profit for the dealer as well as a happy customer.

I've counted 11 optional wheels available in the Access catalog, aside from the various standard ones.

My own quirky version would have the brown cloth interior with champagne dash trim. Modulo suspension. RS smoked clear taillights. Pre-MMC RS dark grey wheels. Body-colored tailgate garnish, Skyroof, turn signal mirrors, illuminated door sills. Access steering wheel:



I could spend all day on that website, dreaming...
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 12:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Potenza wrote:
This car looks sharp:


They get the coolest specs over there. If Honda offered all of these versions and features and upgrades in the U.S., the Fit line could be its own "brand." It could be Honda's Scion or Mini. They once said they didn't need to create a sub-brand like Scion, because Honda was a popular name with the youth and that the company already offers the youthful products and custom accessories.

Really? Fit and Fit "Sport"? They could be doing so much more with this line. HFP springs (already available as Modulo), custom accessories, interior and exterior options, etc. Heck, they've produced like 10 different taillight styles in Japan for this 2nd Gen Fit. The U.S. has had one style, regardless of the version, unchanged for years. You can buy different taillights for your car right in the Scion dealership. Talk about quick profit for the dealer as well as a happy customer.

I've counted 11 optional wheels available in the Access catalog, aside from the various standard ones.

My own quirky version would have the brown cloth interior with champagne dash trim. Modulo suspension. RS smoked clear taillights. Pre-MMC RS dark grey wheels. Body-colored tailgate garnish, Skyroof, turn signal mirrors, illuminated door sills. Access steering wheel:



I could spend all day on that website, dreaming...


Ha ha… what you really need to do is checking the price you'd end up paying for your "dream Fit"; it'll sure cool you down pretty fast.

That said, there is a reason why the US is "El Dorado" for any car maker: To my knowledge there is no other place where you can make such basic cars all the same and keep them selling at a steady rate for 5 years with minor modifications.

Japan is clearly hell, and manufacturers are forced to constantly update models and offer a myriad of personal customizations or die, and most actually end up dying anyway (few survive more than a year before losing at least half of their sales numbers). That is also one of the main reasons why it's so hard for foreign brands to compete in here, the flexibility and reaction time Japanese companies exhibit at home cannot be easily matched...

PS: Just in case some get mislead that is not the Fit Hybrid RS, but the new luxury model, L13 IMA + paddles as the drivetrain.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 12:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Got something for you Potenza, have you already seen the newly released CR-Z alfa "dressed label"?
(I think this is already the fourth special edition we get of this car in 2 years)





Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 13:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
danielgr wrote:
Got something for you Potenza, have you already seen the newly released CR-Z alfa "dressed label"?
(I think this is already the fourth special edition we get of this car in 2 years)




Yep I saw that, and I love it. I'm a big fan of unique colors, especially on the interior. The matching stitching is always such a nice touch.

We don't get too many interesting color combos in the States (especially with Honda). Interior-wise the best option is merely the black-and-white, as on the standard CR-Z. Not exactly enthralling, but a little more interesting than all-black or all-beige.

As for the exterior, at least the Fit has some nice color choices. Blackberry Pearl is still my favorite. The new Blue Raspberry Metallic is cool, if just a bit loud. And I just saw a new Odyssey in Dark Cherry Pearl which I thought was nice and would be great for the new Accord as well. Instead, the Accord's color chart looks to be immensely boring.
RocketRon
Profile for RocketRon
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 14:39
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
danielgr wrote:
Potenza wrote:
danielgr wrote:
2) I don't think they'll touch the CR-Z drivetrain-wise until it's FMC.
There were a lot of reports from France last month about a lithium ion battery coming for the CR-Z. I thought it would be posted on TOV or spread to other news sites, but it seems to have come and gone.

http://www.leblogauto.com/2012/04/le-honda-crz-passe-aux-batteries-li-ion.html

Thanks for sharing, I had not seen that before. Here is in short what they say for those that can't read French:
- The CR-Z will debut this fall an "optional" Li-pack (expected premiere in Paris AutoShow)
- They expect it to be either considerably lighter or more powerful than the current model, which will still keep selling as an entry-level CR-Z.

Personally, I remain pretty much skeptical on that story, doesn't really makes sense to me unless it comes with a new drivetrain (taking the effort to change the batteries on a drivetrain that's going to be replaced altogether in 2 years?), and Honda has already said that the Fit will debut Advanced IMA next year so …

I wouldn't give that rumour a credibility rating higher than 3/10. We will see, Paris is just around the corner !



Your French translation skills are decent. The one element you missed is that the new Li-ion batteries mass-energy doubles the Ni-mh batteries efficiency. That's why they are saying it'll be lighter and more powerful.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 19:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
RocketRon wrote:
Your French translation skills are decent. [...]
LOL.

RocketRon
Profile for RocketRon
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 19:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
LOL, ok, there good. I'll give him a break considering he can also do Japanese :)
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-25-2012 20:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not that he 'miss'.
I guess he just don't believe it will be updated w/ Li batt.

Anyway, the higher power CR-Z will, hopefully, come out soon. We'll see.
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Fit Hybrid RS borrows CR-Z drivetrain    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-26-2012 00:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Interesting part is this RS-H weighs as little as the CR-Z and is as powerful (Insight 1.5 is slightly heavier and slightly less powerful).

Only problem is the Fit and its torsion beam rear suspension is one of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever ridden in. Harshness for rear passengers over bumps and poorly paved or damaged roads is unacceptable (considering it isn't tuned as a track car).. or maybe I'm getting old.. if only our roads were half as well paved as those in Japan!
 
Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0