[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX 2.4 road feel & responsiveness?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Look what just arrived!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D long term test Accord Sport
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: More Tidbits on the 2015 Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Civic Hybrid vs. Accord Sport - thoughts...
Join Discussion......
EL/CSX --> Re: Knocking 1998 1.6 EL, new engine???
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 Dyno
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Is my engine a vtec
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT 2015 Mustang review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fit and Vezel Hybrid Problems.
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2015 Sport with sunroof
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Watched the Avengers Last night

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 11:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
They should have shipped a HSV 010-GT, yup right out from the Super-GT garages over and prepped THAT for the show. Tony Stark would have been someone who can afford to buy such car, have the connections to -force- Honda to sell him one, and more importantly, be crazy enough to drive one on the road.
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 16:45
The movie was good...the 5 second plus shot of the rear of an RDX was shameless.

Seriously S.H.I.E.L.D has the money to build a flying aircraft carrier and they can't do better than a TL with light bars?
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 18:18
NSXman wrote:
Seriously S.H.I.E.L.D has the money to build a flying aircraft carrier and they can't do better than a TL with light bars?
Perhaps you missed it but those TLs cost $227,085.00 & come with a Hulk Buster.
:P

http://acuraconnected.com/2011/03/29/2012-acura-shield-tl/
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 18:23
NSXman wrote:
The movie was good...the 5 second plus shot of the rear of an RDX was shameless.

Perhaps Acura thought light bars would "dilute the brand..."
;-)
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 20:03
Just came from the movie, and WTFFFF! The screen time is ~5secs for all the Acura models combined.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 21:33
WongKN wrote:
They should have shipped a HSV 010-GT, yup right out from the Super-GT garages over and prepped THAT for the show. Tony Stark would have been someone who can afford to buy such car, have the connections to -force- Honda to sell him one, and more importantly, be crazy enough to drive one on the road.

Or the ESHAWD NSX concept (if it could move on its own) for that matter. The release for it is so close but yet totally missed, I really can't help thinking the timing is just totally messed up. Maybe that's why the Stark NSX wasn't built to have more details, or why it wasn't given more screentime, maybe it was a last minute thing to built the Tony Stark NSX for the movie instead.

Having the NSX actual concept in the movie would be really awesome
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 22:31
WongKN wrote:

The road is one thing, but could you imagine that racing V8 rumbling past a crowd of people on the red carpet world premiere? Then RDJ revs it to 10,300 making the most prestigious figures wet themselves ;) It just lacks class.

But it would be nice dressed up like this:

Besides, with an active racing car they wouldn't be able to use it freely for promotions and the like. I agree with FISH-Chan; the timing is all wrong. Either the Avengers movie is three years too early, or the NSX-2 is three years too late.

I'd say the latter.

TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-12-2012 13:27
The Story Behind "The Avengers" Acura NSX
Marek says the project began in June 2011, when he was handed the final pages of "The Avengers" script and told that a car was needed for Stark's parting shot. Initially the plan was to mock up just the rear of the car, since that's all that was needed for filming. But at the request of none other than the film's director and screenwriter Joss Whedon, it was decided to use a full car.

This meant that Marek and his team had three months to create a working, film-ready car in time for the scene to be filmed in New York City's Central Park during Labor Day weekend in 2011.

Deciding exactly what this film car would look like proved to be a bit of a challenge.

As you may know, Acura didn't officially unveil the NSX concept or even confirm the company planned to bring the car to market until the Detroit Auto Show in January 2012. Yet Acura knew that photos of the film car would hit the Internet immediately after filming its scene in September 2011, four months before the Detroit show. This was because New York City doesn't allow film crews to block public access while filming in Central Park.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-12-2012 17:23
They showed another commercial (at least in Canada) during the movie previews that was far better than the RDX Avengers one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VpMWclQlYX8
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-12-2012 21:17
CarPhreakD wrote:
They showed another commercial (at least in Canada) during the movie previews that was far better than the RDX Avengers one:

... I was wondering where the car will appear, then NSX in the end confused me. When it showed them driving I thought the commercial was about a pedestrian model. So it's actually about "synergy between man and machine"...

Interesting detail... it looks like the driver was using a manual.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Acura & "The Avengers" Tie-In    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2012 01:21
"synergy between man and machine" used to be a Honda trademark. The idea the commercial came through with, capturing that moment when you 'click' and understand the thing you're on is pretty genius.
Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Watched the Avengers Last night    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2012 13:15
I know I'm 10 days late to the party but here was what I thought of Acura and The Avengers.

Let me start off by saying what a great movie that was. Very interesting and lots of actions..

Acura on the other hand totally failed (not trollinh.. i own an Acura myself)... seriously.. why the hell would you sponsor a movie that barely showed your car.. in the beginning, they blew up a TL... the MDX had a 2 second clip during the emergency evacuation...

they showed the back of the rdx for a good 3 seconds and the NSX while starks was driving away.... Everyone at the movie when starks was driving away had the reaction of WOOOOOO nice car... why didn't they show it a lot more???? we were walking out of the movie and people were still talking about the NSX.. most reaction was.. i wonder what car that is.. whats brand is the "A"? maybe it stands for Avengers..

overall.. Good movie, however Acura Totally Failed at showing their vehicles... The freaken Hummers had more film time than all the Acuras combined!
duncan
Profile for duncan
Re: Watched the Avengers Last night    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2012 13:43
I could be wrong but AFAIK Acura signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel, so it's not like Acura based its sponsorship on just The Avengers. More importantly, realize that Acura obviously does not have input into the script so it can't control when and how frequently its products show up (frankly, as a an avid movie buff and comic fanboy, I wouldn't want Acura to have such input anyway). OTOH I'm sure there are provisions within the sponsorship agreement that stipulate a minimum amount of screentime for Acura products, so as long as Acura had agreed to these provisions and is apparently happy with it, then that should be that.

Look, The Avengers franchise and the sponsorship doesn't stop here. Iron Man 3 is starting to film either this week or next--I wouldn't be surprised if we see a for-real working NXS here. Thor 2 is scheduled to start by year's end and Cap America 2 follows in early '13. And of course Avengers 2 is to be released May/14. There are talks of a Black Widow spin-off and an Ant-Man movie is being kicked around. Dr. Strange is supposed to be coming in '14 also. There are LOTS of opportunities for Acura to show off their wares in plenty of movies to come. Everyone just chill.

blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: Watched the Avengers Last night    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-03-2012 04:27
They put these mean fenders on the MDX but they couldn't find wheels that were two inches wider to fill them up?

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0