[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Where is the TL's replacement?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Need to order another car...
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Re: Th S2000 is a GO!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Inverview with Acura's Design Chief
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: If Acura lowered the RLX price tag
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: bland, dull and looks already old
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: August sales forecast
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger released.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CTR coming!!!
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: 2017 Ridgeline will be a real truck!
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP gets 1.5L Insight + 5/7 seater Hybrid Minivan - 10/27 release
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: RLX Sport Hybrid not listed on Acura.com
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford Fusion loses manual option
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2014 Chevy Impala

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
Longhorn
Profile for Longhorn
2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 09:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/2014-chevrolet-impala-new-york-2012/

Nice design,the one thing that stands out to me is that it has "presence". Handsome,epecially in darker colors.

And yes the grille is the new Chevy design language.

What do you think Neal?

Last edited by JeffX on 04-08-2012 13:38
Dren
Profile for Dren
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 09:53
I think it is a sharp looking car. The interior looks nice minus the steering wheel which looks like it was ripped out of a Chevy from the 90s. The new GM interiors always look nice in photos but the material quality is often subpar in person.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:19
The static photos make it look very bland but the video on the other hand...nice. Interesting, if surely distracting, touchscreen navi display.
Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:27
is it just me?

While this is okay design ....
it could be a Honda ...
because ALL sedans are starting to look the same to me.

The new Impala, RLX, Altima, BMW all have the same profile.
JonBoy
Profile for JonBoy
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:28
In dark colors, it looks quite good. In light colors, fairly bland. Interior looks nice, overall - certainly a huge step up from the old model!!!

That said, I thought the new Malibu looked good in pictures, especially the interior, and in person it was a lot less interesting. I'll hold my final judgement until I see these on the lot, in person...
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:37
(1) GM shows its hand so far in advance that by the time the cars hit the street they're old news.

(2) I don't believe the mileage numbers for the base four liter. I think it's way too optimistic and likely -as usual- tuned to a fake EPA number.

(3) I like it better then the Korean cars but still a bit too much for me. The front grill looks design to make assembly cheap. Note how the grill and headlight comprise the whole grill, with no expensive metal in between them. I'm not impressed.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:48
Jovian8 wrote:
is it just me?

it could be a Honda ...

When I saw the impala I saw RLX aswell. haha
Longhorn
Profile for Longhorn
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:50
Jovian8 wrote:
is it just me?

it could be a Honda ...

No you are right, the grille is generic. This is the new international face for Chevy, which works better than the one horizonal bar look that is has now.

One could put a H on the grille and it could be a Honda.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 13:17
TonyE wrote:
(1) GM shows its hand so far in advance that by the time the cars hit the street they're old news.

(2) I don't believe the mileage numbers for the base four liter. I think it's way too optimistic and likely -as usual- tuned to a fake EPA number.

(3) I like it better then the Korean cars but still a bit too much for me. The front grill looks design to make assembly cheap. Note how the grill and headlight comprise the whole grill, with no expensive metal in between them. I'm not impressed.

Everyones 'EPA numbers are too optimistic and tuned to a fake EPA number' right? What do you think about the whole JFK deal? 9-11?? Please enlighten us to the truth....
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 13:56
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:

Everyones 'EPA numbers are too optimistic and tuned to a fake EPA number' right? What do you think about the whole JFK deal? 9-11?? Please enlighten us to the truth....

Some car manufacturers (GM, Hyundai most notably) game the EPA numbers by tuning their cars to the EPA testing profile.

But on the real world they never return such numbers and are a pain in the butt to drive because they like to up shift at the earliest opportunity.

Case in point is the GM CUVs and the Hyundai Elantra.

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/heres-why-real-world-mpg-doesnt-match-epa-ratings.html

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/02/why-the-chevy-equinox-epa-mileage-numbers-dont-add-up/

OTOH, some car manufacturers, notable Honda and Toyota, publish EPA numbers that are often pessimistic.

Now that I have educated you to the real world please take your political innuendo to the Political Forum where I will flame you to very fine dust.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 14:32
TonyE wrote:
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:

Some car manufacturers (GM, Hyundai most notably) game the EPA numbers by tuning their cars to the EPA testing profile.

But on the real world they never return such numbers and are a pain in the butt to drive because they like to up shift at the earliest opportunity.

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/heres-why-real-world-mpg-doesnt-match-epa-ratings.html

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/02/why-the-chevy-equinox-epa-mileage-numbers-dont-add-up/

OTOH, some car manufacturers, notable Honda and Toyota, publish EPA numbers that are often pessimistic.

Now that I have educated you to the real world please take your political innuendo to the Political Forum where I will flame you to very fine dust.

You mean like the HCH complaints..... yeah. You educated me alright..... blanket theories are the best way to over come a competitor doing well by showing my hatred for a car that isn't coming out for a year.... I'll keep that in mind for next time... thanks for the education.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 16:38
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:

You mean like the HCH complaints..... yeah. You educated me alright..... blanket theories are the best way to over come a competitor doing well by showing my hatred for a car that isn't coming out for a year.... I'll keep that in mind for next time... thanks for the education.

As a matter of fact, I have an HCH and I can tell you that those complains are from idiots who have no idea how to drive a hybrid. People who drive in town, with the AC on, who jack rabbit from starts and hit the brakes without allowing IMA to use regenerative charging are simply throwing away the hardware. if you look at my posts, you will see that some of us here at TOV have HCHs and we have posted our numbers.

For that matter, if you drive _any_ car like that you will never get half of the EPA numbers.

So... what were you saying again?

Did you read the links or are you just remembering your V6 Impala?

Did you add any comments of value in reply to my comments or are just attacking my character for kicks? What exactly do you mean by bringing up JFK and 9/11? Are you calling me a conspiracy nut?

Hmmm... interesting enough... the EPA did dump on BMW's numbers but they let Government Motors get away even though the best number, from the greenies, for their CUVs is 25 mpg for something that GM calls good for 33mpg...

CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 17:46
TonyE wrote:
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:
CarGuyLee wrote:
TonyE wrote:

As a matter of fact, I have an HCH and I can tell you that those complains are from idiots who have no idea how to drive a hybrid. People who drive in town, with the AC on, who jack rabbit from starts and hit the brakes without allowing IMA to use regenerative charging are simply throwing away the hardware. if you look at my posts, you will see that some of us here at TOV have HCHs and we have posted our numbers.

For that matter, if you drive _any_ car like that you will never get half of the EPA numbers.

So... what were you saying again?

Did you read the links or are you just remembering your V6 Impala?

Did you add any comments of value in reply to my comments or are just attacking my character for kicks? What exactly do you mean by bringing up JFK and 9/11? Are you calling me a conspiracy nut?

Hmmm... interesting enough... the EPA did dump on BMW's numbers but they let Government Motors get away even though the best number, from the greenies, for their CUVs is 25 mpg for something that GM calls good for 33mpg...

Wow dude, your taking this way to personally. And reading way to much into it. It was meant as a joke, that you would blanket a whole company as consipring to make false claims. If you looked on the GM fan site, you would see I said something similar to thoes trying to tear down the new Altima numbers. And still trying to because of one car. That's like me saying that the problems with the HCH means that every thing Honda produces has some problem that they conspired to fool the public. I know two people who own/owned HCH and they had vastly different results, even when the two people switched the cars for a week. All that means is there was a problem with some cars, but by no means does it mean that the company consipred to make these cars bad.

Yes I read the links...well one, only one would pull up, and in the one I read it talked about HCH in addition to others.

It had nothing to do with politics...you can take that and your 'goverment motors' agenda over to the political lounge like you suggested.....I'm more interested in the cars

My point is the car isn't coming out for over a year, and you are ready to cast doubt based on something that isn't even official....showing bias for bias sake.

Yes I remember my Impala V6, have you ever owned any GM products?
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 17:50
Oh and now you have to drive a special way to get good hybrid MPG numbers?
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: 2014 Chevy Impala    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-05-2012 13:28
CarGuyLee wrote:
Oh and now you have to drive a special way to get good hybrid MPG numbers?

To get the real high mileage, you do have to drive _differently_ so that you can minimize the use of the gas engine, maximize the use of the batteries, maximize braking regeneration and use cruise control on the high as much as possible.

This is pretty much for all hybrids, but it actually is the same for non hybrids as well: if you are light on the throttle and brakes you will usually get the best mileage numbers on any car.

Once upon a time, I owned a '70 Vega GT MT4.. which, BTW, I loved. It had a re-sleeved engine, of course, but it was a very fun car to drive. I actually was lusting after a Cosworth Vega at one point in my life.

And several of my friends had GMs with the small block... very fun cars to drive in a straight line... but this was in the 70s.

I've also rented tons of GM cars.... not really impressed since.