[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D first drive: Toyota Mirai (hydrogen FCEV)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's Future Sports Car Line-Up
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumor!!! Ito out in March of next year
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wrecked my (moms) TSX tonight...
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - McLaren-Honda Abu Dhabi test report
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Hits 300 Million...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rolled's dream car
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Bad news for Honda!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic Rumors
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Cadillac's boss is cocky but truthful.
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: ILX AWD coming sooner than you think...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What to do with your F50 Ferrari
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota Employees Approaching Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What makes TOV the flame forum of the century
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > S2000 > > Re: SAD DAY

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Twiz
Profile for Twiz
SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 00:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
As a former S2000 owner, I would like to share something.

My cousin and I both use to own a s2000. He had an 05 Silverstone and I had a 05 Gran Prix White. We bought it around the same time, now we both are driving something else.

I went to a 06 TL 1.5 years ago because I got T-boned on the freeway by a Porsche 911 ( he spun out). The insurance claimed it a total loss, so they paid me out. I didn't really want to wait another 4 months to find another White S2000 so I choose the TL.(originally wanted a RDX or RL but it never happened) the RDX ride was too stiff for a semi sports cuv and the RL I just couldn't find a white one.

My cousin however, just traded his S2000 in for a piece of shit Hyundai Volester(spell check). They gave him 12k for the S2000 which had 77k miles on it (which is not bad). But he paid 24.2K out the door for the Volester. He brought it over to my house after he drove the car off the lot and I just laughed at him. I took the car for a spin and boy was it underpowered, loud,felt cheap and most of all UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY... The gauges were really cool but that's it.. He said he loves everything about the car. I'm still flabbergasted by this.

Well, that's what I wanted to share with you guys. I don't have an S2000 to borrow anymore on the days that I have withdrawals from not owning one anymore. Hopefully the CBR 600RR can cure me soon.

Good Day!
TraXtaR614
Profile for TraXtaR614
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 01:59
Sad day for your cousin that for D*mn sure. As an owner of an 05 silverstone 2sk, if he loves the velocitor so much, guess he never was a driver who could truly appreciated the s2k in the first place :(
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 03:12
I have not read one good article on that car. Perhaps they will address some of the shortcomings with the turbo model, but as it is I am just floored at how horrible a car Hyundai made with the hype that went into its release.

The real sad day is when Honda decided not to follow up the S2000 with a new car...ending one of the best roadsters ever made. As good as the base Boxster is and even the Miata, there was always something about the S2000 that made it special.
RSX
Profile for RSX
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 08:06
My condolences. I cannot imagine your pain.
Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 09:49
For sure the Veloster is not a great car .... but its not terrible.
There are lots of favorable reviews out there.

My sister has a Hyundai dealership.
The Veloster is SOLD OUT. You have trouble getting one.
The customers are not hardcore enthusiasts.. just ordinary people that seem to love it.

Although I cant seem to grasp an S2000 driver
trading for a Veloster!
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 10:09
Is the Veloster todays CRX??

Let's face it, the vast majority of buyers out there would have NO idea of how much handling fun they are missing by buying the Hyundai. To them they are buying a funky, cheap mode of transport that is cheap to run.

Wasn't that what the CRX was to the majority of buyers? The fact it went so well was a bonus - to enthusiasts.

Down under they have just started selling them, and the dealers can't get enough of them. I see one every day already. The CR-Z, which went onto the market around Christmas, well the only one I've ever seen on the road was the one I took for a test drive. I have yet to see another one on the road......................
Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 11:02
Jovian8 wrote:
For sure the Veloster is not a great car .... but its not terrible.
There are lots of favorable reviews out there.

My sister has a Hyundai dealership.
The Veloster is SOLD OUT. You have trouble getting one.
The customers are not hardcore enthusiasts.. just ordinary people that seem to love it.

Although I cant seem to grasp an S2000 driver
trading for a Veloster!

He came over again this morning before work so that I can look at the car in day light.. It's still an ugly piece of crap. We were talking while having some coffee and surprising he did say he like the looks of the CR-Z. He didn't like the fact that its a hybrid and had no backseat. I guess Honda is the reason why he left them. But for a Veloster from an S2000?!!!!! I still can't understand it, I guess I can only accept it that he's no longer an enthusiast. :/

Reviews don't do justice for a car, for the hype that Hyundai brought up for this car; I am very disappointed.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 13:03
I wonder if some of the hate directed at the Veloster is because there is little passion displayed for the CR-Z. Both cars are equally competent for the (separate and distinct) niches they exist within.

It would be unfortunate to define a friend's qualities by the vehicle he drives. A car is a thing; a friend is a bond.
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 13:11
Obviously, he never really enjoyed or used the S2000 for it's intended purpose. There aren't very many cars that I would even consider getting rid of my S for...and these are cars like the Boss 302, Porsche Cayman, 911, etc. Why didn't he just buy a 2nd car as a DD? I only have my S out when I can comfortably keep the top down and find some curves, that's when it's most enjoyable for me. With the top up on the highway, it's a pretty mediocre vehicle. But that is not its intended purpose.

$24k seems like a large sum of money for a Veloster OTD. Did he pay MSRP? If so, he got screwed on the trade. That's how they get you...2k seems like a big deal on a trade, but not so big on a new car that you have to finance anyway.

6SPDTL
Profile for 6SPDTL
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 18:40
I would just deny kindred with him. "Cousin?, naw he's just an aquaintance."
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2012 20:46
6SPDTL wrote:
I would just deny kindred with him. "Cousin?, naw he's just an aquaintance."

One doesn't get to choose one's relatives, unfortunately :)
Twiz
Profile for Twiz
Re: SAD DAY    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-31-2012 11:19
Chris_6MT wrote:
Obviously, he never really enjoyed or used the S2000 for it's intended purpose. There aren't very many cars that I would even consider getting rid of my S for...and these are cars like the Boss 302, Porsche Cayman, 911, etc. Why didn't he just buy a 2nd car as a DD? I only have my S out when I can comfortably keep the top down and find some curves, that's when it's most enjoyable for me. With the top up on the highway, it's a pretty mediocre vehicle. But that is not its intended purpose.

$24k seems like a large sum of money for a Veloster OTD. Did he pay MSRP? If so, he got screwed on the trade. That's how they get you...2k seems like a big deal on a trade, but not so big on a new car that you have to finance anyway.

the Veloster here in San Diego is in high demand plus gas prices are high therefore there was hardly any wiggle room for negotiation. That's true for most fuel efficient cars in San Diego.

Yes, sadly I don't get to pick who my cousin is but currently I wish he wasn't :p

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0