[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
More.......................
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
More.......................
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
More.......................
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
More.......................
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
More.......................
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
More.......................
Accord --> Re: Accord Sport vs. Civic Hybrid.....thoughts...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger released.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Valid reason for an ILX Type-S 2.0t/SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda to modify 12,000 redesigned Fits sold in US
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> F1 - 2014 Belgian Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Has anyone actually signed up for a new TLX yet?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driven 6cylinder Advanced.
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Ford Fusion loses manual option
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Competition heating up
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> What Honda is looking for
Join Discussion......
Pilot --> Re: Pilot Spy Shots
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: 2013 Altima

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 14:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nissan released the last of it's teasers today. The car looks like a mini maxima, which in my opinion is not a bad thing. They even fixed the thing I don't like about the Maxima, the grill.

Anyone expecting any great MPG #'s to get excited about?
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 14:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CarGuyLee wrote:
Nissan released the last of it's teasers today. The car looks like a mini maxima, which in my opinion is not a bad thing. They even fixed the thing I don't like about the Maxima, the grill.

Anyone expecting any great MPG #'s to get excited about?



it looks hideous!

CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-29-2012 15:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Powered by Honda wrote:
CarGuyLee wrote:
Nissan released the last of it's teasers today. The car looks like a mini maxima, which in my opinion is not a bad thing. They even fixed the thing I don't like about the Maxima, the grill.

Anyone expecting any great MPG #'s to get excited about?



it looks hideous!




Yeah your right, I hope all of their paint jobs arn't like this....
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 11:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Doesn't look so hideous now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/upcomingvehiclesx/sets/72157629506684339/

CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 11:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Glad they arn't going to do the multi color paint. And with MPG #'s like 27/38....wow, they have a winner!
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 11:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wow! I think that looks really great!
This, the new Fusion, new Malibu, new production Lincoln MKZ, coming Mazda6 and new Camry should (hopefully) push the next Accord the be awesome. Hard to imagine dropping that coin on the ILX for the sake of being "smart and urban."

Longhorn
Profile for Longhorn
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 11:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
From the above article..........CHECK OUT THE MPS.....

Targeted fuel economy for the Altima 2.5-liter 4-cylinder/CVT combination is 27 mpg city, 38 mpg highway and 31 mpg combined. Fuel economy for the 3.5-liter V6/CVT Altima is rated at 22 mpg city, 30 mpg highway and 25 mpg combined. Also contributing to the improved fuel efficiency are tires with reduced rolling resistance and a new regenerative alternator that only operates when the vehicle is coasting.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 11:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I can't really remember the specifics, but I think my 92 Civic VX hatch had some alternator tech like that.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 12:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Longhorn wrote:
From the above article..........CHECK OUT THE MPS.....

Targeted fuel economy for the Altima 2.5-liter 4-cylinder/CVT combination is 27 mpg city, 38 mpg highway and 31 mpg combined. Fuel economy for the 3.5-liter V6/CVT Altima is rated at 22 mpg city, 30 mpg highway and 25 mpg combined. Also contributing to the improved fuel efficiency are tires with reduced rolling resistance and a new regenerative alternator that only operates when the vehicle is coasting.



Are they still going with the 2.5? I thought the scuttlebutt was a 2.0 turbo going in to replace it.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 12:11
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Dam it looks great! For the 3rd gen in a row Nissan tricked me and I like it.
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 12:19
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
That side view of the new Altima really isn't the most flattering, IMO. Those overhangs are atrocious, especially the rear. I suppose it isn't dissimilar to other cars in the segment really in that regard. Still though.....ewww on those overhangs.
MasterOfDaDomain
Profile for MasterOfDaDomain
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 12:49
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Interior looks good, exterior looks average to me.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 13:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry. I was distracted by what a nice job other automakers do photographing their cars...
swmtam
Profile for swmtam
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 15:35
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like a mini-Maxima!

Looks like no more manual transmission as the rumour is CVTs across the board. :-(
Shame since they don't have a manual Maxima SE anymore, I was hoping to at least see a manual Altima SE.
typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 16:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm pretty sure previous press releases indicated a 6MT was going to be available on both the 4 and 6 cyl.

Here's another post on the 2013 Altima.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/2013-nissan-altima-longs-america-sweetheart-sedan-182437988.html
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 17:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
looks pretty nice, in and out, - far nicer than Camry or the Passat. Existing model still selling very nicely. Notice they say bigger than existing model. Accord is said to be smaller. the old model had nowhere near the rear space or comfort of the Accord - so Nissan no doubt improving that aspect.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 17:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A77 wrote:
looks pretty nice, in and out, - far nicer than Camry or the Passat. Existing model still selling very nicely. Notice they say bigger than existing model. Accord is said to be smaller. the old model had nowhere near the rear space or comfort of the Accord - so Nissan no doubt improving that aspect.


It's hard for me to judge just yet... some angles look better than others but until I see it in person I actually prefer the more conservative look of the Camry and Passat. I do agree that the interior looks very nice, especially compared to the current model.

I'm not sure if their data is 100% correct but I believe motor trend says it's longer by .8 inches and wider by by 1.3 so if that holds true, it didn't grow much on the outside.

Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 19:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I like the side profile - like the flowing crease that runs from the back to the front and the one below and between the wheel-wells. Not digging the front and rear though but it's a cohesive design IMO. The shape of the rear (excluding the rear-lights) reminds me of the 2009 TL.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 23:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upcomingvehiclesx/7041078283/

Why are they so happy in a traffic jam. I never smile like that in a traffic jam even when I am happy. Maybe the car lets you get stuck in a jam happily.

Interior looks okay, not a fan of the exterior styling like most Nissans I have come across.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 23:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

And it appears they're not ashamed to show us exhaust tips!
auto_enthu
Profile for auto_enthu
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2012 23:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply

Except the front, the overall profile is similar to maxima.
Good overall... its a nice evolution.

The targeted MPG numbers are impressive.
Curious to see how Accord's numbers will look like.

Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 00:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Neal wrote:
Sorry. I was distracted by what a nice job other automakers do photographing their cars...

Maybe. The Blacks and Saturation sliders in Camera Raw can be moved halfway to the right but it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

The next big thing for digital illustrations is pale, washed out colors like we got when we'd open the camera back by mistake before rewinding the film. I wish I were joking. Thank goodness the fake "Kodak Safety Film' frame edge masks have faded into the uncool.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 00:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Nissan definitely is not playing around with the new Altima.
Interesting styling, improved power, CVT and fuel economy.
Popular priced family sedans just keep improving!
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 00:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
79lbs lighter...not bad. 38mpg? Civic territory.

The 2013 Altima's cabin boasts a clean, simple interior design with what looks to be an easy-to-navigate center stack and an organized instrument panel, complete with a four-inch color TFT display in between the speedometer and tachometer. Here, drivers can see things like turn-by-turn navigation information and blind spot monitoring, as well as other vehicle functions like tire pressure, audio data, trip information and so on.

It has a more solid, comfortable, well-appointed cabin than any Altima that came before it.

We had a chance to sit inside a pre-production Altima recently, and while we weren't blown away with an aura of ultra-luxurious refinement, it's certainly a more solid, comfortable and well-appointed cabin than any Altima that came before it, and the whole environment feels more than class competitive. All of the touchable surfaces are nicely grained and use high-quality materials, and generally speaking, the interior is a comfortable place to be. Nissan assures us that we'll feel the same way after long stints behind the wheel, what with the car's NASA research-inspired seats. Nissan says these chairs reduce pressure points and improve bloodflow, so drivers should feel less fatigue after extended periods on their posteriors. They're cushy, nicely bolstered seats, and we're eager to see how the cloth interior feels (the prototype we poked around in was fitted with leather). There's ample head- and legroom for rear seat passengers, and by moving the C and D pillars back, ingress and egress to the rear seats is easy-peasy even for the tallest of folks.

A review.

Also, ZERO GRAVITY SEATS...very very interesting!

Press Release on 0G seats:

NASA-Inspired "Zero-Gravity" Seats, Quiet Cabin

In the desire to help reduce the fatigue experienced during long commutes or extended road trips, Nissan turned to seating and posture research from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). According to NASA, the least fatiguing seats are those that come closest to a "neutral posture" – a relaxed position that the human body takes in a weightless environment.

Utilizing a new articulated seat shape with continuous support from the pelvis to the chest and distribution of localized deformation characteristics, the "zero-gravity" Altima seats help reduce muscular and spinal loads, and improve blood flow – thereby helping reduce fatigue over long periods behind the wheel. Seat surface perforations provide increased ventilation, breathability and comfort. Heated front seats are also available.

"Reducing driver fatigue is something that shouldn't be limited to luxury vehicles, especially as Americans are making longer commutes and looking for alternatives to flying for business trips or family vacations," said Carolin.

Along with premium seat comfort, the new Altima offers premium quietness through efforts to reduce cabin noise coming from the powertrain (new engine and exhaust mount designs), climate system (increased HVAC mounting rigidity) and the body (increased body rigidity) versus the previous Altima design. New noise absorption materials with a 30 percent increase in absorption capability (versus previous Altima) are also used throughout the cabin, including areas such as the roof trim, instrument panel and floor mats.

The 2013 Altima offers standard cloth seating with a 6-way driver's seat and a 4-way adjustable front passenger seat, 60/40 split folding rear bench seat with armrest, and Piano Black interior trim with chrome finish accents.

Also available, depending on model, are leather-appointed seats and trim, 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, and metallic texture (Charcoal interior) or wood tone (Blond interior) trim finishers.

Available audio systems include an AM/FM/CD design with RDS, MP3, aux-in and six speakers, along with a BOSE® Premium Audio System with nine speakers (including woofers), designed in conjunction with BOSE® engineers during vehicle development to deliver rich sound and acoustics. The new Altima is available with SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio (SiriusXM™ subscription required, sold separately), and Pandora® radio capability (requires capable smartphone).

"With its range of available audio features, the quiet Altima cabin is an ideal place to enjoy various music collections – whether you plug in your iPod®, sync with Pandora® to explore new tunes, or let someone DJ from the back seat with Bluetooth® Streaming Audio," said Carolin.



I can't wait to see 2013 Accord vs 2013 Altima!
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 01:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Powered by Honda wrote:
79lbs lighter...not bad. 38mpg? Civic territory.

The 2013 Altima's cabin boasts a clean, simple interior design with what looks to be an easy-to-navigate center stack and an organized instrument panel, complete with a four-inch color TFT display in between the speedometer and tachometer. Here, drivers can see things like turn-by-turn navigation information and blind spot monitoring, as well as other vehicle functions like tire pressure, audio data, trip information and so on.

It has a more solid, comfortable, well-appointed cabin than any Altima that came before it.

We had a chance to sit inside a pre-production Altima recently, and while we weren't blown away with an aura of ultra-luxurious refinement, it's certainly a more solid, comfortable and well-appointed cabin than any Altima that came before it, and the whole environment feels more than class competitive. All of the touchable surfaces are nicely grained and use high-quality materials, and generally speaking, the interior is a comfortable place to be. Nissan assures us that we'll feel the same way after long stints behind the wheel, what with the car's NASA research-inspired seats. Nissan says these chairs reduce pressure points and improve bloodflow, so drivers should feel less fatigue after extended periods on their posteriors. They're cushy, nicely bolstered seats, and we're eager to see how the cloth interior feels (the prototype we poked around in was fitted with leather). There's ample head- and legroom for rear seat passengers, and by moving the C and D pillars back, ingress and egress to the rear seats is easy-peasy even for the tallest of folks.

A review.

Also, ZERO GRAVITY SEATS...very very interesting!

Press Release on 0G seats:

NASA-Inspired "Zero-Gravity" Seats, Quiet Cabin

In the desire to help reduce the fatigue experienced during long commutes or extended road trips, Nissan turned to seating and posture research from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). According to NASA, the least fatiguing seats are those that come closest to a "neutral posture" – a relaxed position that the human body takes in a weightless environment.

Utilizing a new articulated seat shape with continuous support from the pelvis to the chest and distribution of localized deformation characteristics, the "zero-gravity" Altima seats help reduce muscular and spinal loads, and improve blood flow – thereby helping reduce fatigue over long periods behind the wheel. Seat surface perforations provide increased ventilation, breathability and comfort. Heated front seats are also available.

"Reducing driver fatigue is something that shouldn't be limited to luxury vehicles, especially as Americans are making longer commutes and looking for alternatives to flying for business trips or family vacations," said Carolin.

Along with premium seat comfort, the new Altima offers premium quietness through efforts to reduce cabin noise coming from the powertrain (new engine and exhaust mount designs), climate system (increased HVAC mounting rigidity) and the body (increased body rigidity) versus the previous Altima design. New noise absorption materials with a 30 percent increase in absorption capability (versus previous Altima) are also used throughout the cabin, including areas such as the roof trim, instrument panel and floor mats.

The 2013 Altima offers standard cloth seating with a 6-way driver's seat and a 4-way adjustable front passenger seat, 60/40 split folding rear bench seat with armrest, and Piano Black interior trim with chrome finish accents.

Also available, depending on model, are leather-appointed seats and trim, 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, and metallic texture (Charcoal interior) or wood tone (Blond interior) trim finishers.

Available audio systems include an AM/FM/CD design with RDS, MP3, aux-in and six speakers, along with a BOSE® Premium Audio System with nine speakers (including woofers), designed in conjunction with BOSE® engineers during vehicle development to deliver rich sound and acoustics. The new Altima is available with SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio (SiriusXM™ subscription required, sold separately), and Pandora® radio capability (requires capable smartphone).

"With its range of available audio features, the quiet Altima cabin is an ideal place to enjoy various music collections – whether you plug in your iPod®, sync with Pandora® to explore new tunes, or let someone DJ from the back seat with Bluetooth® Streaming Audio," said Carolin.



I can't wait to see 2013 Accord vs 2013 Altima!


Agreed!
A77
Profile for A77
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 09:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fair enough, after the explanation, but I always find it strange that Nasa, which concerns itself primarily with weightless environments, should be an authority regarding seat comfort...when seats in a gravity-less place are almost redundant. You'd think. It's like memory foam mattresses - developed for astronauts to sleep well in space....?

The current Altima sells so well I reckon as it has ridiculous incentives and features like keyless start....I mean its pretty crappy otherwise no? A while back it was perhaps the coolest looking car in its sector, but not now. This one looks serious.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 11:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A77 wrote:
Fair enough, after the explanation, but I always find it strange that Nasa, which concerns itself primarily with weightless environments, should be an authority regarding seat comfort...when seats in a gravity-less place are almost redundant. You'd think. It's like memory foam mattresses - developed for astronauts to sleep well in space....?

The current Altima sells so well I reckon as it has ridiculous incentives and features like keyless start....I mean its pretty crappy otherwise no? A while back it was perhaps the coolest looking car in its sector, but not now. This one looks serious.



memory foam was made for launching from earth I believe not sleeping in space lol.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 12:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Powered by Honda wrote:
A77 wrote:
Fair enough, after the explanation, but I always find it strange that Nasa, which concerns itself primarily with weightless environments, should be an authority regarding seat comfort...when seats in a gravity-less place are almost redundant. You'd think. It's like memory foam mattresses - developed for astronauts to sleep well in space....?

The current Altima sells so well I reckon as it has ridiculous incentives and features like keyless start....I mean its pretty crappy otherwise no? A while back it was perhaps the coolest looking car in its sector, but not now. This one looks serious.



memory foam was made for launching from earth I believe not sleeping in space lol.



You are correct. It is for the massive g forces during both launch and re-entry. We're working on a major NASA project right now and you would be amazed at the ideas that gets bounced around on a daily basis. Some wacky but then some that are so practical but brilliant it makes you wonder why somebody hadn't thought of it sooner.
Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 13:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Torque wrote:
Powered by Honda wrote:
A77 wrote:
Fair enough, after the explanation, but I always find it strange that Nasa, which concerns itself primarily with weightless environments, should be an authority regarding seat comfort...when seats in a gravity-less place are almost redundant. You'd think. It's like memory foam mattresses - developed for astronauts to sleep well in space....?

The current Altima sells so well I reckon as it has ridiculous incentives and features like keyless start....I mean its pretty crappy otherwise no? A while back it was perhaps the coolest looking car in its sector, but not now. This one looks serious.



memory foam was made for launching from earth I believe not sleeping in space lol.



You are correct. It is for the massive g forces during both launch and re-entry. We're working on a major NASA project right now and you would be amazed at the ideas that gets bounced around on a daily basis. Some wacky but then some that are so practical but brilliant it makes you wonder why somebody hadn't thought of it sooner.



hehe awesome! I have a memory foam bed...3000 dollars but worth it! I love it so much I dont like to get out of bed.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2013 Altima    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-04-2012 13:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Powered by Honda wrote:
hehe awesome! I have a memory foam bed...3000 dollars but worth it! I love it so much I dont like to get out of bed.


With you laying on it, I bet that memory foam bed wishes it had Alzheimer's.

I kid.
 
Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy