[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Civic --> Re: Any new info on CTR?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> 2016 Acura Integra
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord facelift in Russia
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Where is the TL's replacement?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: bland, dull and looks already old
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda F1 engine progress - drivers
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 2014 Accord LX Update
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: The NSX-GT finally found it's Mojo!!!!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP gets 1.5L Insight + 5/7 seater Hybrid Minivan - 10/27 release
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 1995 honda civic ex d16z6 will only start sometimes??
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: August sales forecast
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Need to order another car...
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Re: Th S2000 is a GO!
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Repair and Maintenance > > Re: 2008 civic si idle problem

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
clmjohn
Profile for clmjohn
2008 civic si idle problem    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 00:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I recently cleaned out the throttle body on my 08 si 2 weeks ago. Now the idle is unstable. When I come to an idle the car rev to 2000 rpm comes down back up to 1500 back down back up to about 1200. Sometimes idle at 1000 and sometimes 1500. I've check for vac leaks, I beleive all hoses are routed correctly. I check vac leaks with propane around all hoses, ect. Even put on a new MAF sensor but no luck. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong.
CR-V9
Profile for CR-V9
Re: 2008 civic si idle problem    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 10:22
I'm not answering to your problem here.
When you ask, it all up to you to get how good an answer you could get. Simply because we don't know your car, we can't see, touch, smell(I like to), etc. Just like computer problems, "Why didn't you tell me that before!?"

In this case, what did you do to clean your throttle body? 'clean' could mean anything to people. Did you do it yourself or had it done? Why did you do it? There must have been a reason to clean it. Rough idling in warm-up and/or after it's already warmed up. How about maintenace items? Etc, basic stuff because you knew that but nobody else does.

Nobody has time to go back and forth. So more you tell better chance you'll get an answer from someone, I think.

Sorry, I got no clue.
One of basic things I used to do for anything was that I'd make sure the battery and its posts are clean and fresh, because everything works on electronic something nowdays. And vacuum stuff becasue I used forget those things, often. Good luck.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: 2008 civic si idle problem    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 10:58
CR-V9 wrote:
I'm not answering to your problem here.
When you ask, it all up to you to get how good an answer you could get. Simply because we don't know your car, we can't see, touch, smell(I like to), etc. Just like computer problems, "Why didn't you tell me that before!?"

In this case, what did you do to clean your throttle body? 'clean' could mean anything to people. Did you do it yourself or had it done? Why did you do it? There must have been a reason to clean it. Rough idling in warm-up and/or after it's already warmed up. How about maintenace items? Etc, basic stuff because you knew that but nobody else does.

Nobody has time to go back and forth. So more you tell better chance you'll get an answer from someone, I think.

Sorry, I got no clue.
One of basic things I used to do for anything was that I'd make sure the battery and its posts are clean and fresh, because everything works on electronic something nowdays. And vacuum stuff becasue I used forget those things, often. Good luck.

yeah, just to add to the final thought by CR-V9, my s2000 would sometimes have trouble idling and even running at low rpms and I'd have to goose the throttle to keep it running for a while, then one day the battery went completely dead and I had to get a new one. After that my idle and low-rpm problems were completely cured.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0