[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lanewatch glitch with Handsfree link on '14 Civic. Accords too?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Nissan is taking Honda to War!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: NYIAS Camry / Sonata MMCs
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Updated Camry, New Sonata
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2016 Acura TLX Type-S and Coupe
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Recommend a helmet cam
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - 395bhp Golf R 400
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Notes on LBGP
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Anyone knows the color code for a really old civic color?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Double J
Profile for Double J
Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 14:37
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I got a good laugh from this and thought I'd share.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-column-march-2012-03-22
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 15:32
Awesome. I agree every word. And until now I thought I was the only one who thought it a pointless, ugly blob of an excuse for a sporty car. Least the CRZ looks fun, and handles decently and has a nice 6 speed. This POS has nothing to define it. then again i don't think much of any of Hyundais styling - unlike Kias, which are actually likable in appearance anyway - Rio, Optima, Forte Koup, Sportage/idge.
Grace141
Profile for Grace141
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 18:20
It seems that Jezza discovered the Emperor's new clothes.
mobis21
Profile for mobis21
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 19:12
Every review I've read rips the Veloster a new ahole.
Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 19:22
I kinda like the look of the Veloster. And when Hyundai puts a turbo in it, it'll have a good deal of thrust. That's two things it'll have going for it.

Of course, it will still need new suspension, new tires, a new transmission, new steering, new brakes, new seats, and some self respect.
Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 19:24
mobis21 wrote:
Every review I've read rips the Veloster a new ahole.

Winding Road inexplicably named it one of their favorite greenformance machines.
human668
Profile for human668
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 22:48
"The brochure talks about ‘sporty acceleration' and a ‘true racing driver experience', but that's like calling me slim and handsome. It's b*ll*cks. This is one of the dreariest cars I've ever driven."

I lol on that one.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 22:55
Varmint wrote:
Of course, it will still need new suspension, new tires, a new transmission, new steering, new brakes, new seats, and some self respect.

Either one less door or one more door. And reduce size, it's a bit too much big.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-22-2012 23:06
The veloster-raptor gives homely styling a whole new meaning!
xsr
Profile for xsr
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 05:45
"An accountant in a clown suit",

yep, that about sums up the Veloster after my test drive. Brilliant Clarkson!
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 07:18
:D

Great piece. Clarkson is a very amusing writer.
sa3eedi
Profile for sa3eedi
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 08:49
I loved reading that. Just having someone put into words exactly how you feel, but can't come close to expressing as well as he does. This car especially, and the recent fad of people calling Hyundai the "new Honda" irks me to no degree. Just what does Hyundai do now at all that reminds people of Honda's old spirit? It's just another instance of people being distracted by the surface (styling, features, specs) and ignoring the substance. Not to absolve Honda though, they've strayed way off course themselves.
rev2damoon
Profile for rev2damoon
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 11:30
Even if the Veloster offered an outstanding drive, I wouldn't be caught in one, simply due to the styling. That thing is profoundly hideous.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 13:15
Was his review of the CR-Z that flattering, either? I don't recall many standing as strongly behind his assessment of that car at the time.

I find the Veloster's look to be curiously appealing within context. But I also very much like Citroens. Actually, I pretty much like everything...

superchg
Profile for superchg
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 13:29
Neal wrote:
Was his review of the CR-Z that flattering, either? I don't recall many standing as strongly behind his assessment of that car at the time.

I find the Veloster's look to be curiously appealing within context. But I also very much like Citroens. Actually, I pretty much like everything..

Neal, Here's another Citroen for you!

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 21:38
Neal wrote:

Was there a review of the CR-Z from him at all? I searched and couln't find it. If there is , someone point to the youtube link or article pls..

I know Clarkson likes the older Type R and S2000 very much. He also likes the NSX from the looks of it.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Top Gear: Clarkson on the Hyundai Veloster    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-23-2012 21:54
superchg wrote:
Neal wrote:

I find the Veloster's look to be curiously appealing within context. But I also very much like Citroens. Actually, I pretty much like everything..

Neal, Here's another Citroen for you!

Mon Dieu... we had one of those... in grey, mais oui!

That brown couleur must be aftermahrquet, n'est-ce pas?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy