[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
CR-V --> Re: Dont test drive a 2015 CRV!!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Cadillac's boss is cocky but truthful.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Modulo/Access Wood Accent Steering Wheel
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2016 Mazda CX-3 Debuts, Already Owns All Other Tiny Crossovers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Customer feedback to Honda
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2016 Acura Integra
Join Discussion......
Driving Simulators --> ASSETTO CORSA
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota's 70 %
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CRZ Gen.2 looks like a go!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D: TLX V6 FWD, "Great expectations, modest reality"
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver 10 Best
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Liberty Honda does not keep their word
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota Employees Approaching Honda
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Mysterious Case of 12,000 Missing Tesla
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Acura Debuts 2013 RDX and All-New ILX Sedan at Chicago Auto Show > > Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

08NWBLKTLS
Profile for 08NWBLKTLS
(ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 01:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
WOW ACURA.... I JUST LOST MY BREATH! HOW EMBARRASSING. I'M A DIE HARD HONDA/ACURA FAN BUT IT'S GETING HARDER AND HARDER TO DEFEND THE TWO BRANDS
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: -1, Troll) 02-08-2012 11:02

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 13:34
There is no way this is a replacement for the TSX nor can it come close to competing with a 1 or 3 series. What were they thinking just giving it civic powertrains with worse fuel economy/performance and trying to pass this off as adequate for Acura to try to compete with?

It seems Ito is under some kind of delusion that small engines that are slower and get the same or poorer fuel economy then larger more powerful engines is what buyers want and what is "responsible" and "sensible" and what will satisfy the EPA. These power trains are totally unacceptable for a Acura, they are embarrassing especially when you have to pay a premium for it. It is all but certain the next TL will be going more downscale with less hp to bridge the gap when the TSX is killed.

Why even build another NSX when they are going to only have cars and power trains like this in their lineup.
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: -1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:31

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:45
Agnes YEH of Hyundai, you should consider that you aren't going to win over any customers on this site. You are doing the company, which employs you, an embarrassing service of making Hyundai look like a tasteless company. If that is your intent, congratulations.
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:50
Torque wrote:
Agnes YEH of Hyundai, you should consider that you aren't going to win over any customers on this site. You are doing the company, which employs you, an embarrassing service of making Hyundai look like a tasteless company. If that is your intent, congratulations.

Yeah, he works for Hyundai because he acknowledges that the ILX is garbage. Or, in a more likely scenario, he's pointing out what the fanboys on here are afraid to.
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: -1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:54

Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:55
Chris_6MT wrote:
Torque wrote:

Yeah, he works for Hyundai because he acknowledges that the ILX is garbage. Or, in a more likely scenario, he's pointing out what the fanboys on here are afraid to.

Actually, Agnes YEH has a LinkedIn profile. She has been employed by Hyundai since 2008 and is employed in the main California offices Her previous position was as a Sr. Research Analyst at GlaxoSmithKline.

The ILX does look like a flaming disappointment but that doesn't change the fact that Agnes YEH has been outed not just on this forum but on multiple forums.

Denial isn't going to help you any.
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold [View News Item]    (Score: -1, Normal) 02-08-2012 14:55

VTECyo!
Profile for VTECyo!
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:07
Torque wrote:

Honestly, her behavior is an embarrassment to Hyundai USA. For some reason she thinks that her company cannot handle itself, so she chooses to cherry pick facts and present them in a negative way on a competing enthusiast website. What an idiot
Chris_6MT
Profile for Chris_6MT
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:11
Torque wrote:
Chris_6MT wrote:
Torque wrote:

Actually, Agnes YEH has a LinkedIn profile. She has been employed by Hyundai since 2008 and is employed in the main California offices Her previous position was as a Sr. Research Analyst at GlaxoSmithKline.

The ILX does look like a flaming disappointment but that doesn't change the fact that Agnes YEH has been outed not just on this forum but on multiple forums.

Denial isn't going to help you any.

Report her to Hyundai...I highly doubt that personal attacks and name calling on company time is promoted in the workplace. Typically Koreans are very strict about this.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:13
VTECyo! wrote:
Torque wrote:

Honestly, her behavior is an embarrassment to Hyundai USA. For some reason she thinks that her company cannot handle itself, so she chooses to cherry pick facts and present them in a negative way on a competing enthusiast website. What an idiot

Employees from Microsoft and Google have been terminated for lesser posts on a single Twitter feed. Unless this type of behavior is encouraged at Hyundai, this does not do the company any favors while making the company look both classless and tasteless at the same time with every one of her posts. As an assistant manager, she should at least do grammar and spell checks on her posts.
330R
Profile for 330R
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:21
She employs better grammar on The Car Lounge as member CP1. Maybe it's an attempt to look like a mere fanboy and not a paid professional shill.
rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:24
Just wait until the Focus and the new Escape come out with Ecoboost engines.

Escape will have a 247 HP ecoboost engine. Thats almost as many HP as the 3.5 V6 pumps out!
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:24
330R wrote:
She employs better grammar on The Car Lounge as member CP1. Maybe it's an attempt to look like a mere fanboy and not a paid professional shill.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5511978-Did-Hyundai-lie-again/page5
330R
Profile for 330R
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 15:53

Yes, that is only one example but maybe the one thread that wasn't moved to the "Black Hole" on TCL. She'd been called out before that post in other threads that got really ugly. She (Hyundai), 1SICKLEX (Lexus), Autounion1 (1SICKLEX alias) and a couple of the most fervent Nissan fans bitterly locked horns incessantly.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 17:30
330R wrote:

Yes, that is only one example but maybe the one thread that wasn't moved to the "Black Hole" on TCL. She'd been called out before that post in other threads that got really ugly. She (Hyundai), 1SICKLEX (Lexus), Autounion1 (1SICKLEX alias) and a couple of the most fervent Nissan fans bitterly locked horns incessantly.

Has anybody else noticed that in the last two hours or so Agnes has gotten very, very quiet. It's funny how shame does that to a person.

Not that I will do anything with it, but I just so happen to have "stumbled upon" her office contact info (email, direct phone + extension) as well as her manager's. But, I'm going to take the high road this time...
VTECRacer
Profile for VTECRacer
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 17:38
Torque wrote:
330R wrote:

Has anybody else noticed that in the last two hours or so Agnes has gotten very, very quiet. It's funny how shame does that to a person.

Not that I will do anything with it, but I just so happen to have "stumbled upon" her office contact info (email, direct phone + extension) as well as her manager's. But, I'm going to take the high road this time...

I don't think it would matter if you called her manager. Being a troll is her job. She will probably get a promotion if anything. This is how Hyundai does business.
Torque
Profile for Torque
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 17:46
VTECRacer wrote:
Torque wrote:
330R wrote:

I don't think it would matter if you called her manager. Being a troll is her job. She will probably get a promotion if anything. This is how Hyundai does business.

Sadly, I think you are 100% spot on with how they operate.
dootndo2
Profile for dootndo2
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-08-2012 17:52
rocky wrote:

Escape will have a 247 HP ecoboost engine. Thats almost as many HP as the 3.5 V6 pumps out!

Yes, but then you have to buy a Ford. Like that's a compromise. From what I understand, these small EcoBoost engines only have like 1500 to 2000 RPM of usable power in the rev band.

How long before these turbos blow out.

Just Sayin.

dootndo2
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2012 21:37
dootndo2 wrote:
rocky wrote:

Yes, but then you have to buy a Ford. Like that's a compromise. From what I understand, these small EcoBoost engines only have like 1500 to 2000 RPM of usable power in the rev band.

Just Sayin.

dootndo2

I've driven an Ecoboost Explorer. I'd hardly say it had 1500 to 2000 of usable power. It had no luggage and three adult men in the car. The power steering was WAY too over boosted, but the powertrain was not something I'd snicker at. Say what you will about the turbos...this isn't an 80s Chrysler LeBaron or New Yorker.
JP
Profile for JP
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-13-2012 23:24
BTW, the thing that could happen is that the Base ILX would rock around the same price of the well equipped and pricey Focus lol.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: (ilx) BUT A FORD FOCUS HAS 160 HP 146 TQ [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-14-2012 18:51
NSXman wrote:
dootndo2 wrote:
rocky wrote:

Just Sayin.

dootndo2

I've driven an Ecoboost Explorer. I'd hardly say it had 1500 to 2000 of usable power. It had no luggage and three adult men in the car. The power steering was WAY too over boosted, but the powertrain was not something I'd snicker at. Say what you will about the turbos...this isn't an 80s Chrysler LeBaron or New Yorker.

The ecoboost engine is really not the right choice for something like an explorer. Insideline's long term explorer has received all kinds of criticism for the soggy engine.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0