[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura NSX Production Model to Make World Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
More.......................
Honda FCV Concept to Make North American Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
American Honda Sets New November Sales Records; Core Vehicles Lead the Way
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Today's Reading Links --> Re: pistonheads £100k garage, all-Honda choice ! Where's the wasabi?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Detroit(NAIAS) Auto Show
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ugly Stick Production Is Way Up
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: McLaren-Honda drivers - official news
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Heritage Center opens in Marysville Ohio
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: HondaJet
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: S660 detailed in Honda Magazine
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Most f#&!ked up stupidest thing EVER!!!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: I was told the TLX transmission logic "learns" (new 0-60 times)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Jeff Palmer/Shawn Church still around?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda and the Takata Airbag recalls
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota out to "squish" Ford Honda Nissan & Hyundai in video
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: 2018 Acura GLX 4-door GT Sports Coupe
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > NSX > > Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: saw PR photo - it looks even better in person    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Potenza wrote:
Neal wrote:
^ The photography (again) does a great disservice to what I hope will be some fine vehicles. Looking at all three my heart sank quite a bit as they've done instant damage to that all-important initial buzz. Perhaps I expect to much of my heroes but looking at the pics I already I feel as if I've moved on.

If they have eyes to see, Acura really need to do some soul-searching on that front because there is little difference between these and Honda's set. I've seen better photos of power tools.

Neal, when you say "all three," do you mean the NSX, RDX, and ILX? Have you seen the Accord Coupe?

I've seen the all but the Accord - which I have now transferred all my hopes to. I very much hope the the NSX will continue to be refined because for now I am seeing (to my eyes) an equal or better designed car for 1/4 of the price...

dootndo2
Profile for dootndo2
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:35
It's on now!

http://www.acuranews.com/pages/2012naias-acura?referrer=banner
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:38
ITS ON!!!!!

iNteGRaz92
Profile for iNteGRaz92
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:38
RSX wrote:
I can't find a webcast that works.

the first link in this thread
http://www.acura.com/FutureVehicles.aspx
JP
Profile for JP
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:40
I have no headphones or speakers.. can somebody please type the specs or details?
sennaFAN
Profile for sennaFAN
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:43
anyone know where i get the live feed ??
EternalShadowAW
Profile for EternalShadowAW
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:43
Unbelievable, having huge hopes for the NSX. The last one was legendary
JP
Profile for JP
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:45
auto_enthu
Profile for auto_enthu
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:47

RDX looks great. I think Acura has a home run.
3.5L engine, 20/28MPG for FWD model.
EternalShadowAW
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:48
RDX looked good, the ILX still has that stupid Acura beak. The rest of the car looks good, can't wait to see the NSX!
VTECyo!
Profile for VTECyo!
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:50
NSX TIME! Give us something amazing, Honda. Ito, we're counting on you
EternalShadowAW
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:53
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
klae17
Profile for klae17
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:55
WOOOWWW. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
gumbey
Profile for gumbey
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 14:56
NSX Is Nice, Real Nice.
auto_enthu
Profile for auto_enthu
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 15:05

Tooo good.
way toooo good than what we've ever seen in photos until now.
ru4real
Profile for ru4real
Re: saw PR photo - it looks even better in person    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 17:02
I have the opposite reaction, I think this NSX is beautiful, it LOOKS like a super car, much more so than the original NSX, the front hopefully will be a bit less busy but the overall shape is simply gorgeous...that Chevy, not so much, looks like a design student in high school tried a little too hard in his CAD class, but beauty is purely subjective...I also quite like the ILS and the RDX, for their segments, their designs are very much appropriate and they are much more cohesive in their designs than the current line up...I think today is definitely one of the best days in Acura's short history, can't wait to see what the next RL and TL will be like now
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: saw PR photo - it looks even better in person    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 17:11
Neal wrote:
I've seen the all but the Accord - which I have now transferred all my hopes to. I very much hope the the NSX will continue to be refined because for now I am seeing (to my eyes) an equal or better designed car for 1/4 of the price...

I actually found that Chevy pretty neat, too. It would make a great Cruze Coupe. In fact, I already named it Fuze. That one's free, GM. haha

By the way, were you simultaneously sickened by the 130R concept? Yikes.

Anyhow, yes my hope lies in the Accord!
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
(1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-09-2012 23:19
danielgr wrote:
kiwikungfu wrote:
12 hours! http://www.acura.com/FutureVehicles.aspx

To get us in the mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6f-rEJwAWU

Does anyone have the original Honda NSX mini-documentary, "NSX Our Dreams Come True" video in Japanese? it used to live here: http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/NSX/dreams-come-true/index.html but it is not there now...

I have the video, but I'm waiting to see if Jeff solves a small problem I have with my youtube account to post it for you.

PS: As stupid as it may seem I have got teardrops in my eyes watching that video several times...

Here you go, could never find it in higher quality than 480p ...

PS1: Might also be time to recall when I posted this video in TOV a few years ago (link), together with my short story on my first NSX encounter back in 1991 (link).

Here are the 2 short parts I translated at the time, you'll find further comments in the previous link.

the last sentences :
"The NSX is without doubts the car we wanted the most to build. It has been 28 years since Honda built its first sports car, long years and months have passed, now the dream has come true. The NSX is now going out of our factories. Nobody can copy a sports-car dream / there is no better dream than building a sports car (both meanings are included in the same sentence), the dream of wanting to build an outstanding sportscar. Has this dream ended (now that we built the NSX)? No, It has just started. We, are Honda."

(min 1:30, a NSX goes out while some Honda engineers push it out of the factory):
"Now the first car goes out of the factory, this car has been a long dream combination of a countless number of dreams. People loving sportscars gathered to make a sportcar. If this car was alive, it would carry our soul"

PS2: Will the new car be cast in similarly powerful (yet obviously different) dreams? Or just a marketing stunt?
Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 00:23
danielgr wrote:
danielgr wrote:
kiwikungfu wrote:

Does anyone have the original Honda NSX mini-documentary, "NSX Our Dreams Come True" video in Japanese? it used to live here: http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/NSX/dreams-come-true/index.html but it is not there now...

I have the video, but I'm waiting to see if Jeff solves a small problem I have with my youtube account to post it for you.

PS: As stupid as it may seem I have got teardrops in my eyes watching that video several times...

PS1: Might also be time to recall when I posted this video in TOV a few years ago (link), together with my short story on my first NSX encounter back in 1991 (link).

Here are the 2 short parts I translated at the time, you'll find further comments in the previous link.

the last sentences :
"The NSX is without doubts the car we wanted the most to build. It has been 28 years since Honda built its first sports car, long years and months have passed, now the dream has come true. The NSX is now going out of our factories. Nobody can copy a sports-car dream / there is no better dream than building a sports car (both meanings are included in the same sentence), the dream of wanting to build an outstanding sportscar. Has this dream ended (now that we built the NSX)? No, It has just started. We, are Honda."

(min 1:30, a NSX goes out while some Honda engineers push it out of the factory):
"Now the first car goes out of the factory, this car has been a long dream combination of a countless number of dreams. People loving sportscars gathered to make a sportcar. If this car was alive, it would carry our soul"

PS2: Will the new car be cast in similarly powerful (yet obviously different) dreams? Or just a marketing stunt?

Whoa! Didn't notice your post back in 07, thanks for reposting again Daniel. I think this is the only 20 minutes in my adult life that I spent sitting intently watching something in a language I don't understand.

BTW, does anybody knows that eerie but beautiful song in the background?
kiwikungfu
Profile for kiwikungfu
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 01:49
danielgr wrote:
danielgr wrote:
kiwikungfu wrote:

the last sentences :

Thank you so much! Your original post is how I found out about this PERFECT video the first time, and thanks for linking again to your first NSX story as well! Ahh, the moments that shape our lives.

Am I lucky enough for you to also have the clip of Aryton Senna being asked his reaction to Honda leaving F1, and he tears up? That is the only other video with similar profundity, and I can not find it at all.

Thank you Danielgr!
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 05:28
kiwikungfu wrote:
Thank you so much! Your original post is how I found out about this PERFECT video the first time, and thanks for linking again to your first NSX story as well! Ahh, the moments that shape our lives.

Am I lucky enough for you to also have the clip of Aryton Senna being asked his reaction to Honda leaving F1, and he tears up? That is the only other video with similar profundity, and I can not find it at all.

Thank you Danielgr!

You are welcome.

PS: Sorry but I don't have the Senna one.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: saw PR photo - it looks even better in person    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 05:56
ru4real wrote:
I have the opposite reaction, I think this NSX is beautiful, it LOOKS like a super car, much more so than the original NSX, the front hopefully will be a bit less busy but the overall shape is simply gorgeous...that Chevy, not so much, looks like a design student in high school tried a little too hard in his CAD class, but beauty is purely subjective...I also quite like the ILS and the RDX, for their segments, their designs are very much appropriate and they are much more cohesive in their designs than the current line up...I think today is definitely one of the best days in Acura's short history, can't wait to see what the next RL and TL will be like now

And I'm with you on this one... Sorry Neal !!!
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
Re: Countdown to NSX 2.0 concept reveal    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 08:50
Road & Track
Eco-friendliness neednít be dull, as the car is rumored to hit 60 mph in 3.0 sec. The production versionís price should hover around $100,000.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 08:54
Midi_Amp wrote:
[...]Whoa! Didn't notice your post back in 07, thanks for reposting again Daniel. I think this is the only 20 minutes in my adult life that I spent sitting intently watching something in a language I don't understand.

BTW, does anybody knows that eerie but beautiful song in the background?

Btw, it kills me all the bullshit I read about Mr. Ito in this website. Just for the record he was ONE of those many engineers that shared the original NSX dream and made it true.

Now I'm glad that having wrote back in 2007:
It's not about building the fastest car on earth, not about the most technologically advanced (for racing purposes) one, it's about that feel and the emotions I had watching this old video. Can they do it again? I will for sure wait until the real thing comes out, but so far, I don't think that they are going the right way.

I can now read an Acura executive saying stuff like:
We will define conventional wisdom, and become one of the top luxury brands by creating luxury vehicles based on our own unique values

So far is nothing but empty words, but at least those are words that simply sound better than any of the pre-crisis Tier1 German-Maker-Wannabe madness.
sergiogon
Profile for sergiogon
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 10:06
Thanks for putting the video in Youtube, Daniel!
But...
The original video can still be found at the honda.co.jp site, it's here!

http://www.honda.co.jp/movie/000000/nsx/

Also, a video about the 92' 93' NA1 NSX-R :

http://www.honda.co.jp/movie/000000/nsx-r/

Another one, this time about the NA2 R :

http://www.honda.co.jp/movie/200000/nsx-r/

sergiogon
Profile for sergiogon
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 10:15
kiwikungfu wrote:

Thank you Danielgr!

Mate, the song is Me and You by NERO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE47er6qnqg
98 Accord
Profile for 98 Accord
Re: (1st gen) "NSX Our Dreams Come True" Documentary Video    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-10-2012 15:20
Simply a beautiful, elegant video. I almost teared up but I was watching it while at work so I had to hold back lol. Thank you very much for the post.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0